Re: ganging up cheap generators

> Another intriguing possibility is that one can conceivably
> interconnect 2 or 3 of these to make 3 phase power if you're running  a
> big DC coil.  Yes, one could go do a REAL 3 phase 9-10kW generator,  and
> get better performance, but I'll bet it would cost more than the  $750
> it would take to buy 3 of the 3kW imports."

In order for this to work you'd have to have the three generators running at EXACTLY the same frequency and with phases 120° apart. I think this isn't likely to be doable if they're being run from separate prime movers. If you ganged them on the same shaft AND arranged to drive with all three engines at once, but that's probably a bigger deal than coughing up the cash and doing it right..

Ed