Re: Engineering Solution

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

>We use sweated fittings for all of our primary connections (and
>splices). It is actually faster then other methods and completely
>reliable. Use a wet rag to wipe off excess solder.

But a sweated fitting isn't compatible with a portable coil which
needs to be dismantled and moved.

The repeated heating with a torch would also degrade the connection after just a few disassembly/reassembly by making an oxide coating. If not the actualy electrical degradation, certainly it will degrade the looks.
Mike