Re: Griffith Observatory Park Tesla Coil

Original poster: wysock@xxxxxxx
Hello Jim and all.

Yes, the Tesla Coil at the Griffith Observatory still has its original
flat copper bar primary, secondary, and 12" discharge ball.  Dr. Crupp,
the Director of the Observatory, insisted that even all the copper oxide
petena be kept just as it has aways been.  This was difficult for me
as I reinstalled the coil.  You can see pictures of the coil in its new alcove
on my web site: http://www.ttr.com.

The capacitor bank, synchronous rotary spark gap, high voltage
transformer and power controller are all new units.   Designed, built and
installed by myself.

I understand that some 3,000 people/day are there at the Observatory;
weekends being the busiest.

Best regards,
Bill Wysock.