Re: Ball Lightning from high-amp discharge

Original poster: "Steve Ward" <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

Resending this:

On 1/15/07, Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I got the same results from playing with thin aluminum foil and a
flyback transformer (which put out particularly nasty currents for its
size).  I didnt think much of it at the time, but it looks stunningly
like the results presented.

Video from years ago:

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/Balllightning/

My "ball lightning" was just burning aluminum from all i could tell.
None of them lasted for too long though, maybe a second or so.  I did
this same thing with a 9kV 120ma NST bank, and got similar results.
The balls leave distinct burn marks in paper when they bounce around
(sorry, no photo of that).

Lets just say im not particularly impressed with what these scientists
claim is BL from burning silicon.

Steve Ward