RE: My VTTC fun begins...

Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Brett,

Looks like you are off to a good start... I am not sure if you followed the
VTTC threads I started last year but I made some advances with my VTTC,
which was also based on the Steve Ward design, by increasing the height of
the grid coil above the primary. I was able to achieve a 37 inch arc with
120V/20A or less input power. I have photo documented my progress here:

http://www.teslauniverse.com/gallery/v/coils/vttc/

I also believe you will get better performance by increasing the number of
MOT caps in your system. This was derived from Chris Hooper who is another
VTTC'er that made some advances in the art. His site is here, but seems to
be down right now:

http://users.cableaz.com/~chooper/833c_vttc_1200.htm

Good luck with your project and drop me a note if you need any help or have
questions.

Cameron