Re: Dare to be Square

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Way to go Dan!!
So you didn't get corona problems from the corners? I am surprised, but that's good if you didn't. I don't know if it would be worth the trouble, but I might try winding one of those basket weave type coils...or maybe one of the spider web type flat coils.. I've been checking out crystal radio sites and those guys seem to think both types increase the Q, probably by reducing the self capacitance of the coils. I don't know why Tesla coilers don't experiment more with such ideas. I'm glad to see you are an 'artistic type'.
Mike

Well I wound my first secondary last nite, (I am ashamed to say I
bought my first on ebay) I built a 2 1/4" square lexan form and wound
it up in about an hour.  At first I got nothing, then I built a new
primary on a 4" form.  Once I got the coupling right and got rid of
the NASTY primary to secondary strikes I milked 8" streamers out of it.

Access over 1 million songs - <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>Yahoo! Music Unlimited.