RE: Undamped oscillations

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Yes, I stand corrected.  I had an AC-powered mindset and was thinking
how my sync RSG is so very far from a perfectly periodic break rate.
But indeed, when using a DC-powered setup, it will be far more stable
and you're free to arbitrarily vary the RSG RPM to tweak the phase.
Thank you Ed for the reference to Marconi's "timed spark discharger".
Googling this I found an excellent page at
http://hjem.get2net.dk/helthansen/marconi_tx.htm that goes into nice
detail about the operation of such hardware.  I'm still not sure that I
would call the result "undamped", but at least it is more or less CW.  I
wonder just what visibility Tesla had into the actual waveforms?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA