My cousins car died! (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 11:34:42 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: My cousins car died!

Greetings everybody,
     A little while ago, my cousin came over to see my TC run.  After
running it, we decided to go somewhere, on the way there, we noticed all of
his idiot lights (check engine, oil, gas, door ajar, etc) were lit.  A day
or so later his car died.  When he took it to get it fixed, the alternator
was fried.  A mechanic friend of his, said that perhaps the EMFs from the
coil fried the diodes in the alternator, he says only newer cars have them,
and my cousins car seems to be the only car that has experienced this
behavior, when parked near a running coil.  What do you guys think?  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.
P.S.  Despite the cost of fixing the car, my cousin is not at all mad, he
said himself, that no other car he drove there has died in this manner, but
he is parking farther away next time, just in case!