synchronous gap help (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:59:58 +0000
From: ameen_ghavam@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: synchronous gap help

        I'm building a 240 bps srg for my tesla coil and was wondering if
anyone would give me any tips or suggestions. I'm planning to use a 3/8 "
g10 rotor 8" in diameter with 4 1/4 " tungsten electodes held on with
shaft collars (the disc is pinched between the collars). A sheet metal
ring connects these electrodes. I have two stationary electrodes (one
gap). My motor is a Teletype 1/12 hp motor, synchronous, and runs at 3600
rpm. Any tips on how to balance, cut the g10 (i've heard its hard to cut),
motor arbor, or anything else I should know? Also, please email me off the
list. Thanks.
                                                                 Cheers,

Ameen Ghavam