Re: top load smoothness (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:50:22 -0500
From: Drake Schutt <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: top load smoothness (fwd)

Scott- with my first coil I tried to cover regular (not flex duct) ducting
in bondo to try and make a smooth toroid and that was an utter waste of
time.  Without covering flex ducting in fiberglass or something, the
cheapest and least time consuming way to make a smooth surface is to use
flex ducting covered with aluminum tape and then smooth it down with a
spoon.  I just did a couple like this recently and they are VERY smooth.

Drake