Re: One-shot coil? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:19:02 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: One-shot coil? (fwd)

John,
     Is this why some of the solid state and tube coils I've seen look like
light sabers, the long strait thick sparks.  If I am not mistaken, these are
just drivers oscillating the secondary, no resonant primary, like a DRSSTC
or SISG.  I don't really know, as I have never built a solid state coil of
any kind (unless you count driving flybacks for plasma globes).
Scott Bogard.