Resonant frequency of twin coil? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:20:07 +0000
From: Nicolas Alstrup <n_alstrup@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Resonant frequency of twin coil?

Hi,

I havent been able to find any information on this on the web.... I am in
doubt how to calculate the resonant frequency for a twin coil, or rather how
to tune it - any help appriciated....

This is my schematic:
                                                  __                    __
                                                 /    \                 /
\
                                                 \__/                  \__/
                                                   |                       |
-------------------------------------| |-----------|-------------------   |
|                  |               cap       |   |                  |   |
|                  |                          c   c                  c   c
o                 o                          c   c                  c   c
HV in              spark gap            c   c                  c   c
o                 o                          c   c                  c   c
|                  |                          c   c                  c   c
|                  |                           |   |                  |   |
----------------------------------------------------|-------------------   |
                                                    |_____________|

And these are my specs:
Secondary coil:
Each SC consist of apprx. 780 turns of 0,315mm wire. Diameter 60mm, height
270mm
Calculated selfcapacitance= 4,282pF
Top load: Sphere, radius 120mm, calculated C=13,466pF
Calculated resonant frequency for each coil: 444,257 kHz

Primary circuit
HV input, NST: 8000V ,  50mA
MMC capacitance: C=0,0204uF
Flat Helical coil: inner diameter: 70mm, Wire diameter: 2mm, wire spacing:
1mm

My question now is: How many turns on each primary coil? Should I just
calculate the resonant frequency as if there were just one secondary and aim
at 444,257 kHZ (that is around 7 turns) or how to do it?

Thank you very much for any help,

sincerely Nicolas Alstrup

Vælg selv hvordan du vil kommunikere - skrift, tale, video eller billeder
med MSN Messenger:  http://messenger.msn.dk/  - her kan du det hele