Re: 180 BPS synch? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:52:24 EDT
From: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 180 BPS synch? (fwd)

In a message dated 7/16/07 11:27:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Yes, there are sweet spots. Now, how do you define "sweet"? In my  mind,

>it's when the coil is delivering the longest sparks and running

>smoothly. No one or the other, but both. So with that said, my coil

>using 8 electrodes on a pass-through gap (rotating electrodes  passing

>through 2 stationary's) likes a bps of about 340. Go  figure!

    Very interesting! Does the modeling explain this in  any way? Have you
noticed any tuning that significantly affects this sweet  spot?
    I may have to try a variable-speed setup with my  pig coil when I get it
running!

    Thanks,

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities