Re: Resonant frequency of twin coil? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:00:27 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gerardo Lezcano <lez_gera@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Resonant frequency of twin coil? (fwd)

Some time ago, I connected a small signal generator to a primary coil.  On the secondary, a small topload on the high side and another "tertiary" coil on base of the secondary, no ground connection.  Two antiparallel LEDs in series with secondary and tertiary.  Another topload on high end of tertiary.

  With this arrangement, found the resonance frequency, LEDs glowing dimly.  Then, I connected the middle point between secondary and tertiary, to ground.  LEDs went off, as they were connected now between the tertiary base and ground.

  Questions:

  An ungrounded bipolar (twin) secondary has the same resonance frequency as a middle-pointed-ground-connected identical secondary?

  I think, because LEDs went off, that Earth "forces" a voltage node on base of each coil.  This changes the resonance frequency.  Then the signal generator is no longer feeding correct frequency to light the LEDs.

  If we could find the new resonance frequency for this two-coil system, there will be again a voltage node on base of each coil?

  If we find the new resonance frequency, what is the maximum distance we could separate the coils and still getting a resonance between them?  Remember, we have a primary coil feeding a near secondary connected to ground.  At a distance, an unpowered tertiary.

  While we are feeding the secondary, and the distant tertiary is glowing its base LEDs, maybe we will find a voltage node on each coil's bases.  If so, what is the speed of the currents in the soil between them?

  Gerardo.