Re: Hello again / New MOT coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:49:11 +0100
From: Tom Trevethan <t.trevethan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hello again / New MOT coil (fwd)

Hi Jason,

What kind of diode strings did you use in your level shifter?
I decided to really go over-kill with 20 1N5408 diodes in each level-shifter
string and 40 diodes in the de-q-ing diode string (the 1N5408 are rated
at 3 A,
unlike the 1N4007 at 1 A). The cost of these is tiny.

I have not had any trouble at all (with 14 kv DC coming out of the supply),
having run the coil for some time now.
I also have two air-cored filter chokes connecting the power supply to
the tank
circuit, which may have helped. I assume you were using a charging choke?

Tom.