New Neon Sign Power Supplies (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:47:47 -0400
From: "Breneman, Chris" <brenemanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New Neon Sign Power Supplies

Hello,

I was looking online for NSTs, and in the process, I found a bunch of
smaller, lighter neon sign power supplies.  The ratings on these seem to
be similar and sometimes greater than OBITs, but they're cheaper and more
commonly available than OBITs and normal NSTs.  I'm sure these are some
kind of solid state power supplies that wouldn't work for normal TC use,
but would they work for a DC Tesla Coil?  Does anyone know if the output
of these is DC or high-frequency AC or what?

Thanks,
Chris