Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:21:06 -0400
From: alfred erpel <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science
    News ...

**** from the article *****
"... [asks the interviewer] But if the physics is simple, why didn't anyone
think of it sooner? Soljacic suggests that before the spread of cell phones
and laptops, there was little need for a wirefree power source. ..."
***************************

the breathless gushing above and more at the link below ...

http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20070721/bob8.asp

Now I understand this post is peripheral (at best?) to the intent of the
list.  But truth is always important. If you were the claimant, what would
be worse, to be a liar or ignorant of the work before you?

BTW, I subscribe to the paper edition of Science News (published weekly) and
despite occasional false starts like this, it is worth the subscription to
me.  Sometimes I know about new stuff more than a year before my informed
peers because of this subscription.  They have a letters section.  I wonder
if a brief cogent paragraph would be published in it.  I don't feel that I
am the person to write the letter.

Al Erpel

USA, PA, 18901