Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science News ... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:48:38 +0000
From: Jeff Behary <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science
    News ... (fwd)

Gary,

Well done on the documentation side of things.  This subject is also touched
upon nicely in the Century Magazine article from April 1895: (The capital
"A" in "MAgazine" is a valid typo for the link)

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/TeslaArchive/1895CenturyMAgazine/index.htm

The sparks playing on condenser plates:
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/TeslaArchive/1895CenturyMAgazine/pages/18950012.htm

The incadescent bulb lit:
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/TeslaArchive/1895CenturyMAgazine/pages/18950013.htm

Of particular interest in that article is the steam powered Oscillator:
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/TeslaArchive/1895CenturyMAgazine/pages/18950007.htm

As a point of curiosity, Tesla's work in this field inspired Edison to jump
on the bandwagon.  Edison's bulbs were simply Crookes or X-Ray tubes with
phosphors on the insides of the glass.

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/ElihuThomson1/pages/fp1037.htm
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com/2007/ElihuThomson1/pages/fp1017.htm

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum

http://liveearth.msn.com