Re: larger than resonant (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:10:54 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: larger than resonant (fwd)

Ok,
Toroid, Od 14.5 inches, chord, 3.5 inches, height from floor 46.75 in.
Secondary 20 AWG, 3.5 in PVC form, wound 12 inches, height from floor 28.75
inches.
Primary, .25 in cu tubing, 4 in ID 16 in OD (turns aren't spaced very
evenly, the average space is .3 in, the last turn is spaced wide but not
used anyway, it tunes best at 6 turns, and has a total of 9) height from
floor 28 inches.
Capacitors, jar dimensions, 3 in radius filled 12 inches, glass thickness
unsure but believed to be .125 in.  I think they probably put out about 3.5
nf put together.  (one gallon pickle jars)
spark gap, single air blown gap "static" (to bolts filed to points) I once
tried a asynch, and got good results the faster I turned it, but the SG blew
up before I cranked it very fast.
RF ground, metal floor support (not good enough! but very convenient).
Power supply, 4 OBITs in parallel, 10 kV at 92 mA current limited total.
All wiring is 14 AWG high voltage wire.

I don't have any tools to measure capacitance, but I could probably borrow
one and find out for sure.  Let me know if you need additional specs.  I get
about 12 inch arcs to a grounded object, and the free fliers are about 20ish
inches.  It was my first coil, so naturally it was made rather sloppily,
hence the unevenness of the primary.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: larger than resonant (fwd)
>Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:11:31 -0600 (MDT)
>
>Original poster: List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx>

Play games, earn tickets, get cool prizes. Play now–it's FREE!
http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink1