wondering (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 09:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: wondering

Hi all,
     I know the best material to use as a coil form would be either HDPE or styrene, but if pvc is the best available choice,  would milling grooves lenthwise down the form make it less lossy?   I'm sure it would be a pain in the butt to do, but wonder if it would be worth the trouble.
     Also,  I cannot seem to find info on whether a sonotube would be a better choiice to reduce losses in the form.
  Mike