Re: larger than resonant (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:49:43 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: larger than resonant (fwd)

Bart,
     The glass jars are very thick, .2 sound about right (I assumed they
were thinner for the rest of the jar, but they are about .25 in thick at the
neck).  Thanks for doing all the calculations for me, perhaps I'll rewind a
new secondary when I get some time, I have a bigger better coil already, but
it would be nice to have my small one working better (the OBITs have been a
very reliable power supply for me, unlike my MOT powered six inch coil,
which has been somewhat stubborn).  As for the capacitors, if I don't feel
like buying some, I have a gazillion feet of green house plastic
(polyethylene) that would be at least a step up from the jars, and it
wouldn't be too hard to make one for 12.5 nf and about 20 kV (assuming
correct dielectric constant and breakdown voltage).  Thanks again.
Scott Bogard,

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: larger than resonant (fwd)
>Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 17:11:30 -0600 (MDT)
>
>Original poster: List moderator <mod1@xxxxxxxxxx>

Don’t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft
Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0540003042mrt/direct/01/