MIT wireless power.. "breakthrough"? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 20:07:05 -0400
From: John <guipenguin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: MIT wireless power.. "breakthrough"?

This is MY opinion on this: (rant)
(I'm still in high school)

Nikola Tesla lit an array of neon tubes with his coil from a
distance of 27 miles.

This is just using electromagnetic inductance, just like a tesla coil.
It's simply an air core transformer with a hell of a lot of input
power...I would guess there would be substantial loss passing current
between two inductors. Following the law of conservation of energy,
they can never get out more than they put in... now factoring in
electromagnetic loss, heat loss, and coil resistance, I cant see this
being much of a break through... hell, my electric tooth brush charges
via electromagnetic inductance at about 1" away.

I saw this a couple months ago that "MIT" had developed this "break
through" technology to transmit power wirelessly.. I have yet to see
what is such a break through, about it.

Along with the fact that I wish I could be there helping.. :)

Sorry for ranting.

That's my whole view on this project. Am I missing something?