Re: MOT primaries in paralell with series secondaries (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:42:35 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MOT primaries in paralell with series secondaries

Most MOTs have a 4 kV output.  Try to match power ratings as nearly as
possible.  With the primaries running on two separate 120 VAC circuits, you
can run the secs in series for 4 kV ACrms output at 2 kVA on each xmfr, so
approx 4 kV at 4 kVA with a pair of MOTs.

On the primary side, as a current limiting reactor, use a 24 inch long piece
of 2 inch ID PVC tube stuffed with 1/8th inch steel rod (1018 CRS).  Wind
approx 200-250 turns of # 12 AWG on the outside.  Test separately on each
MOT with a small climbing arc for an input pri current of 16-17 Amps
maximum.  Each MOT is slightly different, so we usually wind on 300 turns on
our "test" reactor and then remove 10 turns at a time until the current
reaches 17 Amps.  By running on two separate circuits you can achieve the
full 4 kVA power level without blowing any breakers.

Use a separate current reactor on each MOT and then you can hit the 4 kV,
4kVA rating with a pair of series connected secs.  Rectified this will
provide around 5.6 kV DC output into the SISG circuit.

We have plans for a dual MOT coil that is producing 7 ft sparks running on
two MOTs.  Contact me off-list for data.

Dr. Resonance