Re: MOT primaries in paralell? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:52:15 +0100
From: Paul Benham <paulb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MOT primaries in paralell? (fwd)

Hi Robert,

I paralleled up my MOT's for more current using a 125VA toroid core with
55+55 turns of 2.5mm square wire feeding the primaries as a current
balancing transformer.  The center tap is mains input and the two ends are
the outputs to the two MOT primarys.  The secondaries are in parallel.  I am
in the UK, so on 240V, you may need to use thicker wire with less turns on
your cores at 120V.  From memory this allows up to around 100V difference on
the MOT output voltages without problems(10V difference on primarys).

Cheers,

Paul.