RE: JB Weld as a glue for IGBT heat sinks... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:36:00 -0500
From: Mark R Dunn <teslamark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: JB Weld as a glue for IGBT heat sinks... (fwd)

Brett:

Terry used the adhesive in some of the preliminary testing.  Be careful what
you use - you want a high thermal conductive material to pass the heat from
the IGBT into the heat sink.  If you insulate the IGBT from the heat sink
you will not be happy.  Except for the initial tests, I think we all have
been using the Aavid MaxClip 07 to hold the IGBT in place with heat sink
compound between the IGBT and Clip.  The only pain is you must drill the
heat sink at the correct location, but I put a sketch on my SISG website
last year that shows that drilling.  The max clips have a minimum order
which is a pain but I can send you some.  Let me know off list.

Mark

________
and lay it on us.