Re: [] conical secondary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:57:51 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [] conical secondary (fwd)

Hi Dave,

I understand. Yes, a flat sheet, round or otherwise, is easier to
construct. The bifilar idea would certainly work. Of course, 1/4"
spacing is asking a bit much.

My small flat secondary was closewound. The two sided tape method worked
excellent for the winding process and there was no mess.
http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Flat15-2.jpg
http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Flat15-1.jpg

But I did have a problem when I varnished it (started to lift the wire).
I ended up taping down the top, varnishing between taped areas, then
once dried, I removed the tape and varnished the entire coil. In hind
sight, laying down a tacky layer instead of the 2 sided tape would have
been preferable.

Take care,
Bart