Re: Improved TLP250 Toshiba optocouplers for IGBT/FET TC apps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:26:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Improved TLP250 Toshiba optocouplers for IGBT/FET TC apps (fwd)

Dave,

Hey that's really cool!  I have some simple C source
code I was intending to use to make a fancier
interrupter/tone synthesizer for SSTC/DRSSTC projects.
 I wanted to run it via the parallel port.  I even
have a schematic that I drew for a possibly RS232 =>
UCC373xx interface.  The only question was proper
isolation.  These optocouplers might be just the
thing.

I have so many other projects I'm working on right
now, the laptop software defined interrupter idea took
the back burner.  It seems like the trendy thing to do
these days is use a uController, but since I prefer a
remote interrupter anyway, why not use an old cheap
toshiba laptop?

-Brett

http://www.toshiba.com/taec/components2/Datasheet_Sync//212/4256.pdf

http://www.toshiba.com/taec/components/Datasheet/Tlp351.pdf