50 Amp Variacs for Sale (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:04:44 -0400
From: Justin Walker <skyspirit@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 50 Amp Variacs for Sale

Hi all,

I've been on and off the list for a few years, depending on interest
and mostly lurking, and I've come upon some variacs that I'd like to
sell to the list before I try Ebay.

These are Variac cores from a 3 phase unit.  I'm keeping one for my
own projects, but the other two cores are going.  They're made by
Staco Energy Products Co.  Pictures of the units are here:
http://www.violetspirit.com/images/variacs/index.html

Unfortunately, there are no model number markings.  However, they
appear to be 0-140 V each (at least that's what I tested them at) and
they each have a 50 Amp fuse.  The fuse is a BUSS type JKS-50, which
is rated at 50 Amps, 600V.  There are screw terminal connectors  for
in/out/gnd, and the center hole is .75" with set screws.  Although the
center hole is in insulating material, the arm is live when running,
so I would recommend precautions when rigging up the variac.

The cores weigh about 75 lbs when packed for shipping.  I'm asking
$250 each + shipping from 44107 via UPS ground, although I'll also
take best offers.  Please let me know if you think this isn't a fair
price (I've seen 28 amp used go for $300).  I'll take verified paypal,
check or money order (although shipping is delayed until payment is
cleared).

Thank you all for your interest, and happy coiling.

Justin Walker