Re: Dead pig (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 21:20:27 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dead pig (fwd)

Gene,

Are you sure that the pig is actually shorted? Does it immediately
trip your circuit box breaker at initial power up with or without
any load across its output terminals or does it just not put out
anything when powered up? Some pigs have an internalovercurrent
protection breaker on the low voltage side that can be tripped as
well as a bayonnet fuse inside one of the high voltage bushings
that can also be burnt out. If you provide us with a bit more info
we can probably at least figure out what's wrong with the piggy.

David Rieben