Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd) -> Streamer length to voltage (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:05:08 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Jonathon's 6" Coil (fwd) -> Streamer length to voltage (fwd)

Not really.

HV Engineering (text by naidu & Kamaraju) clearly explains that spark
distance, ie, potential is totally independent of the waveform.

Yes, if you run a coil in 120 or 500 pps mode, certainly the spark does grow
to long lengths.

I run the coil using a very high resistance, on DC charging the cap, so it
fires once every 120 seconds.  A 6 ft long spark shrinks to approx 18
inches.  It does not have time to "grow" to long lengths.

In this mode the 1/2 inch rod gap measurements, as I posted, are very
accurate, usually within 2-3%.

I made accurate verification measurements using Terry Fritz's antenna system
hooked to our TEK storage scope.  Also verified with the standard equation
assuming approx 75-80% efficiency.  This data was posted in the archives
years ago.

This rod-gap system can be used by anyone who wishes to confirm their coil's
actual output.

Dr. Resonance
Resonance Research Corp.
www.resonanceresearch.com