Re: Xfmrs

Original poster: Skip Malley <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tony,
There are quite a number of things to consider when designing and building a transformer, ESPECIALLY one that deals with incredibly LETHAL voltages such as a pole pig or anything Tesla coil related. While we all appreciate your interest in Telsa coils, you are obviously not very familiar with the details of electrical and electronic things, especially anything dealing with high voltages. I hope I don't sound to be mean spirited, but I strongly suggest that you stay away from anything that uses a voltage higher than 12 Volts. Tesla coils deal with incredibly LETHAL voltages and should not be approached by anyone that is not fully understanding of the dangers and proper safety procedures.

The fact that you expressed interest in MAKING a pole pig or equivalent transformer is evidence that you really need to do more learning about electronics and high voltage. Please do a lot more before you actually start to make a Tesla coil. I have been an electrical engineer for 30 years and I am still making careful plans to bring a Tesla coil to light.

Good luck in your quest, but be REEEEEEEALLY very careful. Your life depends on it.

Can any experienced coilers back me up in this?

Skip