Update

Original poster: "CajunCoiler" <cajuncoiler@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, I've accepted the suggestions of switching to
a toroid and corona ring, and this eliminated most of
the problems... however, streamer length is still at
a dismal level of only 10 inches at full throttle.

Specs:
http://msbdatsystems.com/cajuncoiler/kongjr.txt

I think I'm at in impasse, as I've tuned it in as
tight as I can get it... streamers, although short,
are uniform in length and intensity... main spark
gap fires and quenches flawlessly with no stutter.

I think I may just do with Kong Junior, what I did
with Kong Senior, and parallel in a 2nd NST. :)

Anyone got any other ideas? (besides re-sizing the
parameters of the primary and secondary coils? those
are pretty much set in stone.)
--
CC