Re:AC resonance circuit with DC electrolytic capacitors?

Original poster: "acmdq" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "alfred erpel" <alfred@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> Howdy all,
>

>          I fully realize I am posing this issue from a standpoint of
> incomplete knowledge (ignorance?).
>          I was wondering if a circuit could be devised with clever
> usage of diodes, etc. which would allow the usage of two electrolytic
> capacitors to create a resonant circuit with and inductor(s?) such
> that the electrolytic capacitors would only be charged in the
> direction which they were designed for.
>          If not, an explanation why this wouldn't work would be
> appreciated.  Thank you.

Simple. No need of diodes. You can even make a primary circuit for a Tesla coil in this way: An inductor between two identical grounded eletrolythic capacitors. Charge one of the capacitor and connect it to the circuit. The voltages over both capacitors will oscillate between the initial voltage on the first capacitor and zero. To repeat the cycle you have to find a way to charge the first capacitor while removing the charge from the second capacitor.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz