Re: pole transformer

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Or if you've got enough amps at 120V, you can just
stick 120V across the outer two LV lugs on the pole
pig, where 240V would normally come out.  Then you'd
get 7.2kV from your 14.4kV pig.  For half that again
(3.6kV), you could use *two* pigs, using the LV
winding of one pig as a 2:1 stepdown autotransformer
to get 60V (HV unconnected), then stick this across
the 240V lugs of the second pig.  Of course, if you
have no *other* purpose for the pigs, then this is a
really hard way to get 3.6kV!! ;-)))  If you already
have the pigs, it's great!

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE