Dan's 813 vttc spark video...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

All,

I visited Dan Willams' TC lab the other day.  While I
was there I took some photos of his 813 vttc running.
It was working great, giving at least 12" sparks,
perhaps a bit longer at times.

Unfortunately the really good quality video was rather
large so I compressed this video:

http://www.hot-streamer.com/brett/misc/dan_williams_coils/813_vttc_sparks.mov

...that's Dan standing behind the coil manning the
variac.

His work is based off of the experiments I did with
substituting an 813 for the 833 in my vttc.  Also, and
probably most significantly, the rapid progress of
this project (such large sparks from a single 813 in
triode mode)..or at least the speed at which we were
able to accomplish this, was due to quite a bit of
correspondance I had with John Freau a month or two
ago.  John, your great experience and perseverence in
the tube coiling field has benifitted two more
individuals, who continue to reap the rewards of your
knowledge.  Thanks John!

-Brett

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265