Dual top loads

Original poster: "Todd Reeve" <todd.reeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

While checking out pictures of coils different sites on the Tesla Coil Ring, I noticed that some of the coils that use flexible aluminum ducting for a toroid sometimes have 2 stacked toroids while the coils that have a spun aluminum toroid have only one. I surmise that this is to increase the capacitance of the top load. Is this needed when using ducting since the wall thickness of ducting is thin compared with a spun toroid?