Re: My second coil attempt, advice?

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

In a pinch, I used an off-axis tuning coil when one coil I built was about one turn short of what I needed. It sure made it easy to tune too.
Mike

Adam,
The .75in. total spacing I use, is to make my primary tap easier to
move around (I am using some random clip thing I found, I don't know
what it is for, but it is a copper/aluminum alloy, and it is too wide
for 1/4 in spacing).  I am out of tubing, could I use a couple
strands of 12 AWG house wire?  I have tons of that, and I could
insulate it in some PE tubing (that costs 15 cents a foot!) I have
used a similar method for the inter-power supply connections, and
have not been shocked.  I have a shop vac, that "died" but still
runs, so I could construct a SG similar to the one you showed me, I
don't know if "power arcing" is a problem for me as I have not
actually looked (it wouldn't suprise me though), and I cannot check
until it stops raining here.  If the new blower does not help, I will
build a sucker gap, and see how things go.  Thanks
Scott "

    Nothing wrong with making a temporary primary with your #12 wire
(stripped to make connections easier) until you find the proper
dimensions and number of turns.

Ed

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Find a flick in no time with the<http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail>Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.