Re: 14ft spinner on a Tesla coil

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I made a 14 foot aluminum tube as a spinner for my TC. The other end was a 2.8kg counterbalance and it rotated on a 1mm shaft with sufficiently small friction that a light breeze would move it easily. The corona end was bent in a 1 foot radius and extra corona points added. On about 60kV DC it rotated with about 1 rotation in 30 seconds. Guess the rotation speed with a TC giving 2 foot sparks (lot of losses with the corona)
Tesladownunder