Re: Jacobsladder-Oscillator

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ed,

and thank you for answering. - I know the quality of the videoclip lets to be desired. But I own no other means to take such clips, than my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20EG digitalcamera, with a resolution of 320x240 pixel in movie-mode. I'm watching the results, preferably in double or fullscreen size, with something like i.e. the free "real-player", also listening to the sound-track, were one can hear the operating-frequencies.

In spite of the envy, I feel lucky, one of the not all too numerous induction coil friends enjoying our coils ;-). The coil in the movie is Andi's specimen, with a winding ratio N2:N1=60:1 only, which is very well suited for the purpose. Saturation begins at about 33A primary charging end-current, and for the experiment we used 30A, at a ~480W consumption from the DC power supply (= 8A average @ 60V). The interruptor frequency was ~545Hz. The high quality 0.3mm transformer iron sheet (18'000Gauss=1.8T)of the core doesn't get hot during short operating times of some minutes at this frequency.

I hope you also have seen my "induction coil farm" at
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/~kurt/index.html
...which I've also mentioned in the "Andiruptor"-posting of january 28th 2007

Best regards
Kurt

Tesla list wrote:
<snip>

   For some reason the picture is so dark on my screen that I can't
really be sure of the position of the rods before the arc
starts.  I've played it carefully several times and do think I can
see the rods moving before the arc.  I'll take your word for it of
course because you good visibility on what's happening.  If the force
is what you say it's certainly enough!

   I still envy your coil.  Really neat.  How much power does it
take running at that high frequency?  You've probably told us before
but I forget.

Ed