Re: PLEASE......need advice, help with power supply

Original poster: Tomas Stankevic <Tomas.Stankevic@xxxxxxxx>

Yes, I have 4.5kV NST (I will check the power). And also I can have two 5kV 5kW transformers. Can I connect them in series to get 10kV?

Secondary coil is 2m x 30cm. Primary 20 windings 1.2cm copper tubing. Primary capacitor: I have a lot of high voltage capacitors so I can make any between 10 and 200 nF, according to transformer's power

So is it better to connect two 5kV in series or to use the 4.5kV NST somehow?

Thank you for advices, Tomas

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 3/27/07 1:24:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>I have only 12kW, 4.5 kV NST transformer and some MOTs. I also can
>get some small 100W NSTs, but I need at least 5kW power.

    Is that correct? You have a 12kW NST already??

    I imagine 4 or 6 of your MOT's would get you pretty close to 5kW.

-Phil LaBudde

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>AOL.com.