Re: Jacobsladder-Oscillator

Original poster: Ben Buxton <bb@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
At 05:24 PM 3/28/2007, you wrote:
Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/~kurt/InductionCoils/P1000671.MOV

Finally looked at the movie.. Double the force I calculated, because the current is flowing through the whole 2m length... I built a thing sort of like this with electrodes hanging down with a weight at the bottom. They'd swing together, start the arc, the force would tend to make the wires move apart, stretching the arc until it broke, then they'd swing back, etc.

I had a similar demo with an NST jacobs ladder and aluminium foil attached to the electrodes. Video of this effect:

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-6399714652518156832

BB