From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: power supply options
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:56:01 -0600

Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Are you running a safety gap on your 4 pack? I have one on mine. It's 3/8ths carriage bolts mounted in a piece of 3 inch pvc pipe. One is connected to the center tap of the transformer arragngement, the other two have about 1/4 inch spacing from the center element. Whenever I was first coiling it would fire alot as things went a stray. Polyurethane will probably work just as well as epoxy, at least for the insulation value. Putting it all over might inhibit the heat disspation a bit, but I've notice MOTs main way of heat dissapation is through the iron core to begin with.

Eric