Re: SGTC

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 5/1/07 3:10:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Well, I imagine the transformer side of the of both caps could be at
>one potential, and the primary side could be at another. The caps
>isolate each other from being shorted by the transformer. With one
>cap, the primary connects the other end to the transformer. With 2 the
>2nd cap isolates it. I wish I could explain it better, but I need a
>picture...

    Thank you!
This scenario makes sense, as you could consider the caps in parallel with the same voltage on each. As such, there would be no discharge. But the same thing could occur *within* an MMC, or mutli-plate cap. This is why we coilers put bleeders across each individual cap in a bank that is accessible from the outside. The question then is, "How do we end up with the peculiar situation of equal but opposite voltages on two parts of a series cap bank in TC service?". And "Is the Equidrive configuration more prone to this phenomenon? If so, why?"

-Phil LaBudde

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.