From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:54 PM
Subject: Stepping up to Solid State. Please read this one...

Original poster: "Chip Ford" <<mailto:chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
          I haven't done much tesla work lately. I have been reading
some of the mail. Especially the ones on the tesla tunnels. I am
thinking about trying to build a solid state model this time around.
I know there are ready built kits out there for sale right now but,
That kinda defeats the purpose of messing around with this stuff for
me. Be like paying someone to bowl for you. So, I am looking for some
opinions here. I have a little understanding of electronics. I know
what things are and what they do. I own an oscilliscope, I have a
pretty large assortment of parts lying around. PC board, caps,
resistors, diodes, igbt's, wire, coil forms, ready made bases and
primaries..etc. I would like to have some understanding of what I am
doing as I go. This may be too big of a bite to start with...I don't
know..This is why I am asking for some advice from the experts here
on this list before I get started. What kinda reading or reference
material will I need. Is there a book or publication one can buy to
get started that will give one and understanding of what is going on?
Any info I can receive will be greatly appreiciated. Where do I
start? Gotta have a plan of some kind. Thanks in advance..Chip Ford