Re: Of notches, coupling and frequency splitting

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

Bert, Antonio

There are things that I am totally content to accept as fact.

The relationship btwn coupling and energy transfer is one such thing,
Antonio gave me(us) a table and an explanation of that back in 2003
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2003/December/msg00487.html
And I have never had any reason to doubt it. It is easy to see and
verify on any coil and simulation.

After some pondering, I connected 2 function generators, via 100K resistors, and observed the resulting waveform on the scope: voila! an intermediate frequency with notches. All nicely in accordance with the tables that Antonio posted back in 2003, or perhaps even before.
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2003/December/msg00487.html

So it is the amplitude modulation of the signal at the resonant frequency, due to the energy transfer btwn. the 2 coils, that is responsible for the double humped responce of the coupled system.

---I guess? :-)

Cheers, Finn Hammer