max spark length. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 04:47:31 +0000
From: ameen_ghavam@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: max spark length.

        Hey everyone,
                   I was wondering if anyone knows anything about optimal
topload size for highest voltage breakout. Also, I don't fully understand
how i only draw half the wattage from the wall if i use a static spark
gap. I have a 7500 volt, 30 ma nst and know that at full 225 watts can get
24 inch arcs. But, since i'm only pulling out have the power, i should
expect 18 inch arcs. Most peolpe seem to get 12 inch max. Any tips for
maximizing performance?
                                     thx,