Re: solid state ballasting?? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:20:45 +0000
From: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: solid state ballasting?? (fwd)

HI Chris,

I think they do make some kind of solid state ballast
current control for the large high voltage transformers
in neon bombarder systems. These transformers are
usually 15 kV to 30 kV at 7.5 kVA up to 25 kVA.
However, I don't think that they work too well for
Tesla coil application as the feedback causes them to
malfunction, but would probably work fine for a JL
control. I'm sure some of the list members neon gurus
like Jack King could offer better info on this matter.
As a matter of fact, I believe I've seen Jack list one
of these items on ebay in the past so he may be able
to "fix you right up".

David Rieben