Re: secondary output calculations (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 11:24:31 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: secondary output calculations (fwd)

What size coil, topload, xmfr, and pri cap are you running?  Spark length?

Dr. Resonance

Subject: secondary output calculations

Hey everybody,
     I have found formulas to calculate the peak voltage put out of a Tesla
coil system, how does one calculate the amperage (please note, I have only
basic calculus skills).  Does ohms law work?  I am getting ridiculously high
numbers from ohms law, using my calculated peak voltage, my secondary
resistance, and the impedance from my secondary inductance, capacitance, and
top load capacitance (but my numbers may be off, especially concerning the
impedances, it has been a little while since I have done that stuff for a
class).  Thanks.
Scott Bogard.

Catch suspicious messages before you open them—with Windows Live Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507