Re: Research Project (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 18:09:41 -0500
From: Drake Schutt <drake89@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Research Project (fwd)

Thanks for your replies everyone, at the moment it looks like I will
probably be doing some sort of experiment with wireless power transmission.
I have a question regarding that though.  All of these programs out there
are designed for maximum spark length, but what about maximum RF output?  I
know usually one would put a large toroid on top, but is there anything
else?  Should I change the tap on the primary coil or what?  Someone
mentioned trying to get more amperage rather than voltage out of the
secondary.  Does this mean that a TC for RF transmission is built
differently?  Luckily I have all of my materials, but not much is built yet
so it's fine if I need to make design changes.

Someone off list sent me a link to eastern voltage research's (Daniel
McCauley) website.  It looks like he is coming out with a book and a kit for
an audio modulated tesla coil sometime this month.  I emailed him but
haven't gotten a reply yet.  Does anyone know anything about this company
and their products.  I just don't want to waste my time on plans and kits
like some other website that shall remain nameless.  I'm also still not sure
if I'm even qualified to build such a thing because I wouldn't know a FET if
it bit me on the arse!

Thanks
Drake