Photos of 8 kVA twin coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:32:08 -0800
From: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Photos of 8 kVA twin coil

Hi All,

I didn't take any photos of the Maker Faire event but here's a few that
have surfaced on the Web, which are usually better quality than I could
produce anyway.  This was a daytime event, and though the ambient
lighting washed out most of the finer streamers, the event offered an
opportunity to shake down the system for the first time and explore some
of the interesting twin coil dynamics.

It was a pleasant change of pace to setup and run a simple coil system
where everything is hand-carryable. The two coil structures stand about
10ft high and 18ft center to center.

Here's the power supply and timing controls:
http://tinyurl.com/2gvrg6

Mulling over waveforms with a few visitors:
http://tinyurl.com/25ejvr

Here's a pic from the one time we were able to dim a few courses of lights:
http://tinyurl.com/27dbbm

Here's a closer view of the arc structure:
http://tinyurl.com/2btyup

And here's a video clip of the coils operating.  Again, sorry about the
ambient light!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ2oLQ2ZEnc